Oh I've got some really good facts for you about Octopuses (yes that is the correct way to pluralise Octopus, and it happens to be one of the good facts!)
- They have 3 hearts!! - Which says to me that they must be super nice - tell that to the kraken eh?
- They are part of the Cephalopod family. Which I find to be a very satisfying word to say, try it!
- They have blue blood - meaning we should really be giving them royal titles - introducing "HRH Octopus"
- Eh there's also a fact about what happens to them after they mate and it's bloody awful. Sod being an octopus. Go google it, it's too harrowing to put on here. Hell.
My overall conclusion is that octopuses get a pretty tough ride by the media. They're always portrayed as evil villains but they're actually super cool and interesting! So i'm going to celebrate that!
If you too wish to celebrate the regal octopus, I would definitely recommend getting some Octopus art! Hint hint. Or perhaps you know an octopus / marine life fanatic who would love this artwork on their wall!
I drew HRH octopus here with my trusty Micron pens. They allow me to fill space with intricate detail and I love how the tentacles curl and twist around each other, creating an intricate form in itself. Once the drawing is finished, I scan it and have it reproduced into an art print. The papers I have my work printed onto is a beautiful premium heavy weight paper. It's made from 100% post consumer waste which gives the paper a gorgeous texture and finish, with little white flecks running through it. Gawjus!
- Available in sizes A4 & A3
- Printed onto 100% recycled paper
- FSC certified paper
- Signed with artist & brand signature
- Packaged in a bio degradable cello sleeve with a cardboard back for support
- Shipped Flat
- Posted with Royal Mail
- Please allow 1-2 business days for processing before shipping
I love to produce art that is just a little bit different and I love to draw things that mean something to people. I, like many others, have deep concern for the environment. This planet is all we have so it's important we look after it. Not only for ourselves, but for the many other species of beings that live here. The wildlife series celebrates our fellow species in my distinct detailed style
All artwork © of Kym Parker for Kilo Papa Studio